The Sr. Manager will serve as the head of the Assembly and Test operations. He/She will lead the team in developing the operation engineering and process activities for back-end operations. The candidate should be well versed in the IC semiconductor assembly & test processes and must have a broad and in-depth knowledge of the technical requirements for assembly and test operations. He/she should have a deep knowledge and understanding of package design, including the technical ability to identify critical elements both in package design, test development and manufacturing.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop manufacturing engineering best practices required to continuously improve assembly/test processes and drive cost reduction programs.
- Lead the team in developing new packages and assembly process.
- Lead the team in developing test and wafer probe hardware and software.
- Interface with manufacturing and production planning operations team to ensure smooth transition to production.
- Manage operations and process engineering to support both in-house production and subcontractor activities.
- Establish and implement current and long-range assembly and test engineering objectives, plans, and policies.
- Provide on-going guidance, coaching and mentoring to direct reports to meet departmental and corporate objectives.
- Liase with product and quality teams to address customer and manufacturing issues.
- Support corporate quality systems and on-going initiatives that include ISO 9000,TS16949 and other certification requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Advanced graduate engineering degree preferred.
- At least 15 years total industry experience that includes a minimum 10 years in actual operations & engineering function with demonstrated project leadership in assembly & test operations.
- Minimum of 5 years in direct supervision of technical resources.
- Experience in the development of package test and wafer probe technology.
- Knowledge of tooling design.
- Exposure to high volume/high mix manufacturing experience is a strong plus.
- Strong people skills to work with diverse multi-cultural teams.
- Good team experience and collaborative attitude.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Supervise assigned Managers, Engineers and Technicians, providing work directions and leadership.